Review eligibility policies, membership agreement, service policy, apply for membership – everything first time borrowers need to know about applying for a Cincinnati ToolBank membership can be found here.
The mission of the Cincinnati ToolBank is to serve community-based organizations by providing tools, equipment & expertise to empower their most ambitious goals, through our tool lending program. Organizations have year-round access to the ToolBank’s inventory of tools and equipment for a nominal fee. ToolBank tools are only available to organizations, such as:
* Nonprofit / Charitable / Tax-exempt organizations
* Schools and PTAs / PTOs
* Neighborhood associations
* Faith-based groups
* Civic organizations
* Government agencies
ToolBank tools are inexpensive, convenient, and fully functional, maximizing agencies’ financial and human resources and empowering them to improve community engagement and to achieve greater impact for those they serve.
1) Become a ToolBank Member Agency: First-time borrowers must complete our brief online membership application, provide the documentation requested on the application, sign and turn in membership and pay their annual membership fee ( all this can be located on “First Time Borrower” tab under “Borrow Tools”) prior to borrowing tools. This process captures documentation of their not-for-profit status and creates a user account for the agency contact in our online tool ordering system.
2) Submit a Tool Order: Agency logs in to their ToolBank account (located on the “Member Agency Portal” tab under “Borrow Tools”) and submits a tool order online.
3) Pick Up Tools: Agency picks up their tool order at the Cincinnati Community ToolBank at their scheduled pickup time. ToolBank staff and volunteers will have your order prepared in advance and help the agency load tools and equipment into their vehicle (make sure to arrive with an appropriate vehicle). ToolBank staff provides the agency with usage and care guidelines along with an itemized receipt.
4) Return Tools: After the completion of the project and the agency has a confirmed tool return scheduled, the tools are returned to the ToolBank at the scheduled time. ToolBank staff and volunteers assist the agency in unloading tools and check tools back into inventory.
Agencies are required to pay a tool handling fee to borrow tools and equipment from the Cincinnati ToolBank. This tool handling fee is due when the agency picks up their tool order. Tool Handling Fee = 3% of the retail value of each tool borrowed x # of weeks borrowed.
For example, an agency borrows 30 rakes for 1 week. Rakes are valued in our tool ordering system at $12.40 each. The tool handling fee for 1 rake is $0.372 per week. The total tool handling fee is $11.16.
$11.16 = 0.03 x 12.40 x 30 x 1
In addition to tool handling fees, agencies may also incur late fees, replacement fees, and cleaning fees – all of which are easily avoidable. To learn more about our fees and other policies specific to our tool lending program, check out our Tools & Fees page.
1682 E Seymour Ave
Cincinnati, OH 45237
By appointment only
Tel (513) 246-0015
Fax (513) 285-7730
The Cincinnati ToolBank serves community-based organizations by providing tools, equipment, and expertise to empower their most ambitious goals.